Today's lunch was a quick dish we threw together and it turned out to be all kinds of yummy and warming. Fray was the chef and he mustered this up in the kitchen in no time! This version of warming noodles is vegan friendly and perfect to eat in front of the fire watching a christmas film. Without further ado we will get to the yummy bit.
You will need for 2 good portions;
- 1 onion slice
- 1/2 a red pepper sliced
- 2 mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 carrot sliced
- 2 packets of noodles
- 1 stock cube (I used a veg one)
- Water for enough soup for two portions (estimated 1L)
- Start by slicing all the veg up into small strips. Place this in a large saucepan and sweat down to soften up, season with salt and pepper. Be careful not to over salt as there will be lots of salt in the stock cube. If you want something to bite on I would recommend leaving the peppers and the carrots until just before adding the noodles to keep their crunch.
- Once the onion, garlic and mushrooms have sweated for 5 to 10 mins, add the water and stock cube then bring to the boil. Add the peppers and carrots quickly followed by the noodles. Cook the noodles until soft and serve into a warm bowl.
- Then tuck into a lovely bowl of Winter Warming noodles. If you wanted to add any cooked meats we would recommend cooked chicken or Serrano ham.
P&F (He's really getting into this blogging malarky!)
Pin For Later: