I've been pining for a strawberry salad dish for a while, this light whole grain rice salad side is a brilliant lunch or dinner option.
It's filling whilst still being really light and delicious. Perfect summer food I say! I enjoy the sweet contrast of the strawberries with the savoury rice and tart balsamic dressing.
This rice salad works so well on a bed of baby lettuce leaves and half a sliced avocado.
Strawberry & Cherry Tomato Rice Salad
A light and delicious whole grain rice salad with strawberries and cherry tomatoes topped with a balsamic dressing.
Makes: 4 Servings
- 2 Cups of whole grain brown rice
- 8 Strawberries
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- Drop of Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Avocados
- Balsamic Dressing
- Cook the brown rice for around 20 mins
- Slice the strawberries and tomatoes
- When the rice is cooked, drain and allow to cool.
- Once cool mix in the strawberries and tomatoes.
- Slice the avocado and serve the rice on a bed of baby salad leaves
- Drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic cream over the salad.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.