A very simple, delicious lunch or dinner full of goodness. This rice dish is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free as well as meat free. So it's pretty friendly for most!
If you're not a fan of sesame seeds, you can always leave them out, however I love the taste and texture that they add.
The balsamic vinegar mixed with lemon juice works in perfect harmony with the fried tomato and spinach.
Sesame Rice With Fried Tomato & Spinach
A simple, easy to make, rice dish full of goodness.
Makes: 1 Serving
- ½ Cup or 90g of dry brown rice
- 1 Tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- A handful of fresh spinach
- A sprinkle of Salt
- A dusting of white pepper
- Boil the brown rice in a saucepan for around 20 minutes until cooked.
- Once cooked mix in the sesame seeds, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
- In a frying pan fry the chopped tomato in coconut oil for a couple of minutes.
- Once browned add the spinach until it wilts.
- Serve on top of the rice and season with salt and pepper.