Matcha hot chocolate latte is my go to pick me up, mid afternoon drink. It's a sweet, healthy winter mug of goodness which is both comforting and light. The added matcha green tea aids focus and concentration, something I always need more of during the afternoons! Matcha has 137 times more antioxidants than regular green tea and is way more powerful than coffee. Word of warning, don't drink after 5pm! You won't sleep.
Matcha Hot Chocolate
A dairy free and refined sugar free hot chocolate recipe using matcha green tea. Whilst you can’t taste the matcha in this hot drink, you can feel the benefits! It makes for a great pick me up, much like coffee it creates a state of awareness and focus but without the jittery crash afterwards!
Makes: 1 Serving
- 1 Cup of hot milk, I use rice milk
- 1 Tsp of matcha green tea powder
- 1 Heaped tsp of pure cacao
- 1 tsp of agave syrup or honey
- 2 squares of dark chocolate - melted
- Optional, a blanket, good book and a cat to cuddle whilst you enjoy your warming mug of yumminess.
- Heat the milk and pour into a mug.
- Add 1 tsp of pure cacao powder, 1 tsp of matcha green tea powder, 1 tsp of agave syrup or honey, 2 squares of melted dark chocolate.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Enjoy with snuggled up under a blanket with a book
Shop this post!
The products below are affiliate links. For more information on this please read my disclosure.