These dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free chocolate popcorn cakes are a party for your tummy! They're super fun, easy to make and really rather delicious.
They make a great free from party treat or Easter dessert. This recipe is to make 10-15 cakes using half the bag of popcorn. You can always use the rest of the popcorn as edible decoration or make double! They keep really well in the freezer. It's lovely having a little free from chocolate treat to reach for when you fancy one.
These cakes remind me of my childhood when my mum would make chocolate crispy cakes for us, this is a free from version of those. You can substitute the honey for agave syrup if you wish.
Chocolate Popcorn Cakes
Dairy Free, Gluten Free & Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Popcorn Cakes - A Party In Your Tummy!
Makes: 10-15 Cakes
- 1 Bag of Salted Microwave Popcorn - you will only use half of the bag
- 1 125g bar of dark chocolate - I use dairy free & refined sugar free chocolate
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- Place the popcorn bag into the microwave and pop as indicated on the bag. Open the bag and place the popcorn onto a tray to cool
- Melt the dark chocolate and add a tablespoon of honey
- Place half of the popcorn into a mixing bowl
- Mix in the melted chocolate and honey until all of the popcorn is covered.
- Spoon into cupcake cases.
- Place in the freezer for 20-30 mins
- Enjoy the party in your tummy! .