The Five Whys.
- I am a food mentor. Why?
- Because I love helping others feel good about what they eat. Why?
- Because eating food that makes me feel good has completely changed my life. Why?
- Before I could barely do anything. I vomited various times a day and worried about having an upset stomach if I ate anything at all. I had absolutely no energy. Food scared me, it made me feel poorly and it really got me down. But now I feel so good in myself. Why?
- I did a lot of work on finding what foods make ME feel good. It took a long time but I learned what foods I could eat and how to create dishes which are yummy and exciting. Why?
- Because as cliché as it sounds it fulfills me and makes me feel like the best version of myself. I'm not scared of food anymore and I feel in control of what I eat and how it will affect my body. I want to help others get to that point to. To love their body and fuel it with the food that makes them feel good.
The five whys exercise is from the wonderful Kayte Ferris' Podcast Grow With Soul
I’m a tea drinking, kind hearted, food loving soul. I have four gorgeous cats and spend an awful lot of time cuddling them! I’m caring, impatient and wear my heart on my sleeve. I always look for the good in everyone and will try to find a positive in any situation. I am a yoga doing, journalling, lover of meditation and mindfulness. I adore reading - you can view my reading list here.
I wake up early and go to bed late, I love to plan and once I have an idea in my head I won’t stop until I achieve it. I over think and at times (always) let my emotions get the better of me. I follow my heart and listen to my gut. I giggle at the most mundane things, I have a slight fascination with socks and stationary. I love vintage teacups and tupper wear. My favourite food is honey, my favourite colour is yellow and I am hyperflexible. I stamp my feet when I laugh and if I find something terribly funny I snort. I am ticklish behind my knees (a secret many would kill to know), I'm that person who plays with pets at parties and my favourite film is Elf. I absolutely love Christmas, a starry sky and the sea.
I’m the girl who makes tea when times are tough, the friend that is always there no matter what and the person who will do anything to make you smile when you least feel like it.
I may be biased but I think I have the best office team in the world. I'm not quite sure what I'd do without these balls of fluff! They bring me so much joy each and every day. Each one of them "chose" me to be their cat mum, turning up in various ways. You can read each of their stories on the blog, just click their little photo and it will take you right there!
Katie - Senior Office Manager.
Katie oversees the running of everything and has done for the past 13 years. She is usually sat on the desk or on the back of my office chair.
Arthur - Office Assitant.
Arthur lends a hand here and there however he has a short attention span and is usually trying to play with his brother Albert.
Tina - Head of Customer Services.
Tina is the chatty one, she never leaves my side and always has something to say.
Albert: Office Coordinator.
Albert is a gentle giant, he likes to sit quietly and coordinate the goings on, he's very flexible and is happy to go with the flow.